Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 14:32
    Jonathan Roberts

Hi,

I am building a simple Grid control and I wondered if it was possible to make any of the fields "Required" ? If it is possible does anyone have any sample code to put validation into the grid?

<div ng-controller="sgrid.quotecontroller">
    <textarea rows="1"
              umb-auto-resize
              umb-auto-focus
              class="textstring input-block-level" id="{{control.uniqueId}}_text"
              ng-model="control.value.quote"
              ng-attr-style="{{control.editor.config.style}}" style="font-weight:bold; font-size:20px;" placeholder="Quote text..."></textarea>

<textarea rows="1"
              umb-auto-resize
              ng-model="control.value.source"
              ng-attr-style="{{control.editor.config.style}}" placeholder="Quote Source..."></textarea>
    </div>

Thanks

Jon

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 23, 2018 @ 09:13
    Anders Bjerner

Hi Jonathan,

Umbraco uses Angular for validation, so the fields will be required if you add a required attribute - eg:

<textarea rows="1"
              umb-auto-resize
              umb-auto-focus
              required
              ng-model="control.value.quote"
              ng-attr-style="{{control.editor.config.style}}" style="font-weight:bold; font-size:20px;" placeholder="Quote text..."></textarea>

Alternatively you can use ng-required instead to use a condition - if a setting telling whether the field you in fact be required.

Jan 23, 2018 @ 09:20
    Jonathan Roberts

That is great - how do you set a Required warning next to the correct field in the Grid?

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 23, 2018 @ 09:27
    Anders Bjerner

A required field will get a red border if you hit Save, and the field doesn't have a value. Is that sufficient?

Otherwise it gets a bit more complex. I did this for one of my packages - you can see that here:

https://github.com/skybrud/Skybrud.ImagePicker/blob/master/src/Skybrud.ImagePicker/App_Plugins/Skybrud.ImagePicker/Directives/ImagePicker.js#L23

The trick is to give the element (field) a unique ID, and you can then check whether that element has some of the classes added by Angular during validation.

Jan 23, 2018 @ 09:53
    Jonathan Roberts

Fantastic - thanks again for all your help

:)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft