Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rajdeep Parmar 7 posts 77 karma points
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 10:14
    Rajdeep Parmar

Umbraco with cloud Deployment

Hi , I am New to Umbraco and want to Deploy my umbraco website on cloud. now i am little bit confused about cloud , please suggest me important steps to be take care while deploying on cloud.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 10:19
  • pranjal 75 posts 188 karma points
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 10:23
    pranjal

@Alex Skrypnyk, Is there any difference when we deploy normal umbraco site on cloud hosting. Means we have to do any changes in structure or some code or anything like that ??

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 10:58
    Nik

Hi Rajdeep,

I guess we need to clarify. Have you built a local site and now want to deploy it to the Umbraco Cloud.

OR

Have you built your own local site and now want to deploy it to a cloud based server such as Azure, AWS etc?

If it is for Umbraco Cloud you are best to follow the advise here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Umbraco-Cloud/Getting-Started/Migrate-Existing-Site/

If it is on another cloud service it can vary. Something like AWS EC2 is just like running it on a normal service. Azure web apps, I think might be slightly different although I've got no direct experience with them only though Umbraco Cloud.

Thanks,

Nik

• Rajdeep Parmar 7 posts 77 karma points
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 11:04
    Rajdeep Parmar

Yes i have my local Umbraco site and now want to deploy on cloud base server like AWS or Azure because i want that my umbraco site will though run on Linux ????? please suggest me @Nik @Alex

Jan 16, 2018 @ 11:06
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Raideep

AWS or Azure is not Umbraco Cloud, Umbraco Cloud is a service from Umbraco HQ, please know what you want?

Thanks,

Alex

• pranjal 75 posts 188 karma points
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 11:09
    pranjal

Can Umbraco Site work on Linux server? yes it is clear @Alex that Umbraco cloud and Azure/AWS are different, he is asking that can we host our local umbraco site on cloud based server like azure or AWS so that site will work for linux

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 11:13
    Nik

Hi Pranjal,

Unfortunately no. Umbraco cannot run on Linux. It currently only works on Windows servers.

In the future a version may become available that runs on .Net Core allowing it to be on Linux but that is quite a way off at the moment.

You can use most Windows cloud servers to run Umbraco as far as I'm aware though. As long as they meet the requirements for running Umbraco.

There is help in the documentation as well if you are looking for a load balanced scalable configuration as well.

Thanks,

Nik

Jan 16, 2018 @ 11:12
    Jan 16, 2018 @ 11:14
    Alex Skrypnyk

Umbraco works on Azure and AWS

Why are you asking about Linux?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft