Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adi Silagy 5 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 11, 2018 @ 17:16
    Adi Silagy

Can't add items to Umaraco

I am getting this error when I am trying to add content to Umbraco.

This is a production environment, and the issue is urgent.

There is any limitation on how many content items I can build. The site reached about 600 items is that an issue?

This is the error ERROR Umbraco.Web.Editors.ContentController - Unhandled controller exception occurred System.Data.DataException: Record could not be inserted or updated. at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoExtensions.InsertOrUpdate[T](Database db, T poco, String updateCommand, Object updateArgs) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentPreviewRepository1.PersistNewItem(ContentPreviewEntity1 entity) at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UnitOfWork.ScopeUnitOfWork.Commit(Action1 transactionCompleting) at Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.SaveAndPublishDo(IContent content, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents) at Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.Umbraco.Core.Services.IContentServiceOperations.SaveAndPublish(IContent content, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents) at Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.SaveAndPublishWithStatus(IContent content, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents) at Umbraco.Web.Editors.ContentController.PostSaveInternal(ContentItemSave contentItem, Func2 saveMethod)

• Alex Skrypnyk 4418 posts 15850 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 13, 2018 @ 15:34
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Adi

Can you check that size of database allowed on the server?

Umbraco hasn't restrictions on database size, so it looks like hosting related issue.

• Adi Silagy 5 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 21, 2018 @ 07:19
    Adi Silagy

Thanks, It was a database size issue

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: