Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben 19 posts 109 karma points
    Jan 01, 2018 @ 13:06
    Ben

Grid editor, rows and containers

Hi,

Happy New Year to you all.

I am going through trying to get to grips with using the grid to build layouts. Im not sure if im misunderstanding the use of the grid layouts or not...

Im trying to use rows with multiple cells inside a container, but i cant seem to get them inside a container.

Ive created a 1 column layout with two different row configurations:

1 full 12 cells wide (which will not be inside a container) 1 8 x 4 (which i need inside a container)

Ive seen that i can go to the content > settings > class and add a class of container, which works. However i dont want the end users to have to do this as this particular layout will always be wrapped in a container.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jan 04, 2018 @ 00:28
    Amir Khan

Hi Ben!

Is the full width container in a consistent spot in your layout? Like for a hero image that goes full width? If so, I'd move it outside of the grid and add some datatypes directly to your doctypes and just use the grid for the layout below so you can easily wrap it in a container within your template.

Another option is to look at the partial that renders your grid and wrap it if it is one column (full width). If you're using this one which ships with Umbraco: Views/Partials/Grid/Bootstrap3.cshtml there's a oneColumn if statement I believe and some HTML in there that you could add a class to.

Let me know if I'm misunderstanding or if you need any more help!

Amir

• Ben 19 posts 109 karma points
    Jan 18, 2018 @ 13:32
    Ben

Sorry for the late reply, while its not the ideal solution it does solve the problem. Thanks for the help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft