Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Santhosh 58 posts 99 karma points
    Dec 28, 2017 @ 10:08
    Santhosh

Media Picker does not show up images from the media section. Only folders are listed

Hi All, I have v7.5.14 running

I have a problem: 1. I have a content page with a property of type RTE 2. I want to place an image from the media folder into the RTE 3. Clicked on "Media Picker" button within RTE which pops up the media section and its folders 4. Now I do not see any images within the folders enter image description here

1. But I could see the images part of the media folder enter image description here

Also to mention, the media picker lists both folders and files if a content page has a property which is of type media picker

Any help appreciated... Thanks in Advance Santhosh

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Dec 28, 2017 @ 10:59
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Santhosh

What is the type of your images in the media library?

Thanks,

Alex

Dec 28, 2017 @ 11:04
    Santhosh

Thanks Alex for your reply;

It contains jpg, png and some other types...

Do you think it is something to do with type, size?

enter image description here

For your information, This is how I see the media section on clicking media picker within RTE

• Robert J. Bullock 386 posts 405 karma points
    Jan 22, 2018 @ 17:33
    Robert J. Bullock

Santhosh, did you ever find a solution to this? I've just started experiencing this issue as well.

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jan 22, 2018 @ 18:15
    Nigel Wilson

An errors in the logs and/or client side errors in the dev tools in browser ?

Jan 22, 2018 @ 18:29
    Robert J. Bullock

I am not seeing any client or server side errors. It shows the folders but not the images.

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jan 22, 2018 @ 19:02
    Nigel Wilson

have you tried restarting the website / app pool. Also have you tried incognito mode in the browser ?

I know they are pretty obscure but worth a try...

Jan 22, 2018 @ 19:36
    Robert J. Bullock

Yep. Cleared cache, etc.

Jan 23, 2018 @ 14:03
    Santhosh

Hi Robert, Sadly, I haven't found a solution yet. And this could be a blocker to proceed with umbraco or not.

I upgraded from Umbraco version 6.1.6 to 7.5.14 for 3 websites with same code base for the front-end of the website. I could see the other 2 websites lists the images when I chose Media Picker from RTE. This is really strange and weird.

Hi Nigel Wilson, I could not see any errors in the console!

Jan 23, 2018 @ 15:53
    Robert J. Bullock

Well, I discovered my issue. I had altered the Image mediatype to include a thumbnail property using the Image Cropper datatype. Well, that interferes with the existing upload field and prevented the generation of thumbnails for some reason. Not sure exactly what's going on, I could have sworn you could add the Image Cropper to an existing media type but I guess not? Is must be an either/or thing.

Jan 23, 2018 @ 17:10
    Santhosh

Robert, You are right! I removed the Image Cropper Datatype and it started showing up. Thank you very much! But the question is why should umbraco data type shouldnt be compatible with RTE media picker. We can probably raise this issue to umbraco issues website to see if something can be done there.

Jan 23, 2018 @ 18:08
    Santhosh

Robert, I found umbraco 7 has Image Processor inbuilt, hence no need to use the image cropper datatype/plugin anymore. New Image Processor means, you could append query string to the img src tag and at runtime the required cropping would be performed before rendering.

Refer: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/Backoffice/Property-Editors/Built-in-Property-Editors/Image-Cropper#powered-by-imageprocessor

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft