Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mikef 1 post 71 karma points
    Dec 05, 2017 @ 02:05
    mikef

Blank page on Umbraco Back Office

I recently installed the latest version of Umbraco (UmbracoCms.7.7.6) on my web hosting site. I had a few issues with install, mostly to do with setting permissions, but eventually I got it installed and up and running with the demo site. I am using a SQL Server backend.

The problem I am having is that when I try to log in to the back office, I get a blank page that just shows {{menuDialogTitle}} at the top. I can't even get to the login prompt.

The demo website that has been installed works fine though. I can browse it, all images and links work fine, etc.

The browser developer console is giving me the following error

Error: Argument 'Umbraco.MainController' is not a function, got undefined at cb (DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY28vbGliL2px...=Javascript&cdv=1:3)

I checked that the js files were all there, in particular the angular ones.

The umbraco.controllers.js file is in the folder /umbraco/js. So I'm not sure why it is complaining.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Dec 05, 2017 @ 12:39
    Dan Diplo

It's going to be hard to diagnose, but a few things to try:

Ensure you have all copies of essential Umbraco files on the server - if you can diff with the contents of a zip download then you may notice if you have any files missing.

Run the site with debug="true" if not already - this stops Umbraco from bundling back-end files.

Ensure Umbraco/IIS has write permission to App_Data folder. Are you able to check if /App_Data/TEMP/ contains files? If it does, you can also clear this folder out, as it removes all cached indexes and JS.

Are you able to look in /App_Data/Logs/ at the files there? These may contain some useful error messages.

You can also extend the logging by editing /config/log4net.config and changing priority to debug ie. change

<priority value="Info" />

to

<priority value="Debug" />

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft