Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Doobear 21 posts 111 karma points
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 15:19
    Doobear

Archetype with DataType Tags

Hi,

I am using Archetype DataType, which I have used plenty of times before but this time I have added a Tags type to it from the Umbraco standard DataType 'Tags' It all works great when adding a new item through the Archetype, I can add the tags, as many as I want, remove them and add more etc but after saving the page if I go back to edit the Archetype item I can't add new tags or remove any existing ones.

Has anyone had this experience and found a solution, or perhaps I am just doing something plain wrong!

Appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Regards.

• Sven Geusens 169 posts 881 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 15:25
    Sven Geusens

The default tags in umbraco use a ; delimiter. Maybe archetype doesnt like this.

You can go into the datatype settings and change this to Json.

Be warned, when you do this the current property in archetype will not function at all. So delete it, change the datatype, add it to your archetype again.

Hope this helps

Nov 16, 2017 @ 15:42
    Doobear

Thanks Sven, Good point but I tried your suggestion that and end up with the same issue. Any other ideas?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 16:03
    Nicholas Westby

Archetype has had issues with tags for some time:

Though, last I checked it seemed to work well enough.

Which version of Archetype are you on?

Nov 16, 2017 @ 16:41
    Doobear

Hi Nicholas.

Thanks for getting back to me. I am using latest version 1.18.0. Just installed it today on new project. Using latest Umbraco release too v. 7.7.4.

Everything seems to work just fine, I don't get any errors and I can read the values and use them it is only when I try to edit any of the existing values in the backend it does nothing, can't delete any and can't add new ones to an existing entry.

Perhaps best to use something else instead of tags.

Thanks.

Nov 27, 2017 @ 11:39
    Doobear

Just to confirm this issue I was having must have just been something wrong at my end. After rebooting my PC and coming back the next day it all seemed to be working just fine.

Thanks to everyone who inputted.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft