Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Amri 214 posts 740 karma points
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 08:35
    David Amri

Update plugin css changes on server

Hi,

I have made some changes in a plugin css file. Changes is visible on local as I have debug set to true since I'm in development mode.

Now when I publish these changes on the server the changes are not visible since the plugin is cached.

I don't want to set debug to true on my server right so what is the appropriate way of making these plugin updates visible on the server? Would that be to increase the client dependency version number?

Also a question regarding the client dependency versions. In the TEMP folder there is a clientDependency folder. Inside of this folder there are files with the client dependency numbers. Now can these conflict with the currently set client dependency version number?

If for some reason the current client dependency version number would match one of the TEMP client dependency version number will this cause a conflict? Can I remove/ clear the files in the clientDependency folder on the server without any issues?

Best regards - David

• Matt Darby 28 posts 391 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 08:56
    Matt Darby

Hey David,

Check out this page in the documentation.

If you increment the version number it should clear the cache and changes will be visible.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft