Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Tiemens 9 posts 118 karma points
    Nov 15, 2017 @ 11:03
    Martin Tiemens

Visual Studio code analysis with Umbraco

I’m not sure my questions are Umbraco specific but perhaps other Umbraco developers experienced the same issues in a similar scenario or there is some documentation about this that I missed.

I’ve a question regarding the configuration of Visual Studio code analysis with Umbraco. We have a Visual Studio project version 4.5.2. with Umbraco.Code 7.7 and ModelsBuilder.Api 3.0.6. I’ve updated the default Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Analyzers which was shipped with the Umbraco installation to version 1.1. The website works but we are suppressing some errors which we prefer not to, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

1. The Umbraco libraries aren’t signed, when we enable signing in our project an error will be thrown that references assemblies should have a strong name? Is there a way to fix this issue properly instead of singing the libraries myself?

2. The models builder creates generated classes which is awesome, however they aren’t conform our rulesets. Is there a way to exclude those files from being validated? Now we are suppressing validation error 1591 and added a lot of suppressions in the GlobalSuppressions.

Thanks! Martin

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    Nov 15, 2017 @ 16:03
    John Bergman

for #2, if you setup models builder to create the files in a separate project, you can turn off validation for that project in the projects properties.

Can you describe a little more of what you mean by "if we enable signing"?

• Martin Tiemens 9 posts 118 karma points
    Nov 17, 2017 @ 07:39
    Martin Tiemens

Thanks for the reply.

Right now we are placing the models builder in a separate project, I was wondering if there is another solution for it. It feels more like a work around than a proper solution.

Normally we sign our libraries, in VS this can be done via Project --> Properties --> Signing --> Sign the assembly checkbox.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft