Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Travis Schoening 47 posts 173 karma points
    Nov 15, 2017 @ 06:05
    Travis Schoening

Grid Editor "Add Content" window display issue

Ran into this issue with a new empty install... verified also below:

I have a brand new install of Umbraco 7.7.5 and using the starter kit, immediately upon opening and trying to edit the homepage, if I go to add another layout element (from the plus circle icon) and then select one and click on the "add content" link, the menu is absolute positioned and is covered up in the instance of my attached screenshot. If content is long, the window obviously didn't display at all...

I've tried this in numerous browsers so I believe it's an issue with Umbraco/Backoffice itself.

Any ideas on how to do a quick fix until it would be fixed in the next release?

enter image description here

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Nov 15, 2017 @ 07:42
    Ben Palmer

Hi Travis,

I have encountered something very similar but in the right sidebar when adding nested content items or doc type grid editor (I forget which). I fixed it by adding a custom admin stylesheet to re-position the box in ~/App_Plugins/Umbraco775/assets/css/admin.css and ~/App_Plugins/Umbraco775/package.manifest

Add a manifest file something like this:

{
        "css": [
            "~/App_Plugins/Umbraco775/assets/css/admin.css"
        ]
    }

And a custom admin stylesheet:

.umb-overlay.umb-overlay-center {
        transform: translate(-50%, 25%);
    }

This should get you most of the way there, the css won't be correct so you may need to play around with the positioning but hopefully it puts you on the right path at least :)

• Travis Schoening 47 posts 173 karma points
    Nov 15, 2017 @ 15:38
    Travis Schoening

Hey Ben,

Thanks for that, it got me close enough to get it to work with the issue that I was having. I did try complete clean installs about 3 or 4 more times (both from Nuget packages and the downloadable release) and the issue happened each time.

What I did was that same element you applied your styles to, I added the style for position to be fixed (instead of absolute, which is what is currently being added to the modal/popup) and am able to at least see the items now and select them, etc.

.umb-overlay.umb-overlay-center {
      position: fixed;}

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to at least get it working! Hope the issue is resolved in the actual release.

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 08:17
    Ben Palmer

Glad to have helped. Just as an FYI, this has now been fixed in 7.7.6 - https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/776/

Original issue reported here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-10685

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft