Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brad 69 posts 97 karma points
    Nov 14, 2017 @ 21:42
    Brad

Umbraco On Azure Web Apps - Examine not staying in Sync.

I'm on Umbraco version 7.5.14 and having an issue with my Umbraco Examine folders getting out of sync. Depending on what azure instance you get, you get different content. This is from the "arraffinity" cookie from Azure.

Here are my indexers:

<add name="InternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
           supportUnpublished="true"
           supportProtected="true"
           analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.WhitespaceAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" directoryFactory="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory,Examine" />

<add name="InternalMemberIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoMemberIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
           supportUnpublished="true"
           supportProtected="true"
           analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" directoryFactory="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory,Examine" />

<!-- default external indexer, which excludes protected and unpublished pages-->
      <add name="ExternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine" directoryFactory="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory,Examine" />

<add name="ArticleIndexer"
            type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
            analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"
            directoryFactory="Examine.LuceneEngine.Directories.SyncTempEnvDirectoryFactory,Examine"
           />

I am including a {machinename} in the IndexSet's (without this I get weird Examine errors with the Lucene index's being in use when another server tries to access the same one)

My app_data Examine folder ends up with lots of random server name folders:

enter image description here

• Brad 69 posts 97 karma points
    Nov 14, 2017 @ 21:51
    Brad

I double checked with the IT department and it looks like it was set to have 2 instances load balanced. Is this supported? After I rebuilt the Internal index, it looks like they're in sync now, but I'm worried.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 14, 2017 @ 23:36
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Brad,

Make sure you read the Azure load balancing documention carefully and ensure you have all the required configuration.

The docs you need are at https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Server-Setup/load-balancing/flexible#option-1-cloud-based-auto-scale-appliances

Jeavon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft