Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nelson 94 posts 246 karma points
    Nov 09, 2017 @ 15:41
    Nelson

Hello guys,

so I've developed a website with multi language support a bit more than 1 year ago, and recently I started to have issues with the multi language feature. I've noticed that the pages under the language folder, before looked something like: name-of-the-website.com/en/page-1 and name-of-the-website.com/fr/page-1 for the distinct languages. Now I noticed the /en/ and /fr/ part on the url disappeared.

I haven't made any upgrade whatsoever and now the website is very unstable because keeps changing from one language to the other.

Also, when doing preview mode everything works perfectly because its using the page id, and not the url. Should I change the url for the page id instead? How to get the page id?

Anyone else had similar issue? Any way to fix it?

Thank you in advance!

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Nov 09, 2017 @ 16:11
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

I would check the Culture and Host Names setting at the root of your site.

if you right click on the homepage node, you should see the Culture and HostNames settings for the site.

within this should be the 'domains' setting that will allow you to put the /fr and /en bits onto the languages.

so these should be:

• yourdomain.com/en - with the language as en-US
    • yourdomain.com/fr - with the language as fr

if these aren't set, then you will get random pages depending on things like what order they are in the cache (which is what you are seeing).

Kevin

• Nelson 94 posts 246 karma points
    Nov 09, 2017 @ 16:52
    Nelson

Hi Kevin, thank you for your answer!

The language was set, but the domain wasn't. I managed to setup the domain and it seems to work for now. However still very weird that these setups just changed overnight without me doing anything.

Anyhow for now its fixed, thank you very much!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft