Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Brohäll 295 posts 561 karma points c-trib
    Nov 08, 2017 @ 16:48
    Anders Brohäll

UmbracoUrlAlias scenatio with .ext and querystring

Hi,

I've got a scenario using the UmbracoUrlAlias that I can't wrap my head around. Or rather, I can't figure out how it's supposed to work.

Long story short, I want to redirect all inbound traffic from: www.example.com/_pages.asp?page=100&ID=10&NAME=whatever (A)

to: www.example.com/somewhere (B)

I want to use UmbracoUrlAlias so that our editors will be able to map _pages.asp to /somepage.

As far as I can tell there is two problems with that.

1) ISAPI will hijack the request going to .asp, I guess I simply can uninstall it.

2) The receiving page will have the querystring in the request.

So. How would I be able to use UmbracoUrlAlias to map A to B? Is it even possible?

If not, what would you suggest as a better alternative?

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Nov 08, 2017 @ 17:24
    MuirisOG

How about trying a URL Rewrite?

Or, if you have too many pages, and are moving from an old site to a new one, use ContentFinder/URL Provider, especially if you can put match your old pages to your new ones (maybe in a lookup table).

• Anders Brohäll 295 posts 561 karma points c-trib
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 08:55
    Anders Brohäll

Well. The idea is to make the editors own that configuration. So, no, that's unfortunately not an option.

Also, there isn't a structure to the rewrites. A batch would be nice, but impossible :(

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Nov 16, 2017 @ 10:24
    MuirisOG

Perhaps you need both an URL rewrite and a ContentFinder.

The ContentFinder could have a global hashtable to match the two fields up, so you wouldn't have to do that on every page load, and would strip out the querystring.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft