Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Billy Wagner 1 post 71 karma points
    Oct 21, 2017 @ 02:23
    Billy Wagner

Adding Articulate Blog Posts To Sitemap

I have read that someone couldn't get Robert Fosters Sitemap to update with Articulates Blog posts Soooo I did a bit of code because I needed it too.

I added a property called ArticulateID in the sitemap document type which allows me to set an id for the sitemap to pickup that id and include the blog posts as well. I run multiple sites so I just simple add sitemap and articulate to the root and get articulates id and put it in the sitemap property. Pretty easy I think. Anyway Umbraco formatted this code a bit weird so hopefully you'll be able to replicate.

@using Articulate

@using Articulate.Models @using System.Linq @inherits Umbraco.Web.Mvc.UmbracoTemplatePage

@{Layout = null;} @helper ListChildNodes(IPublishedContent startNode) { Response.ContentType = "text/xml"; const int maxLevelForSiteMap = 1000; foreach(var node in startNode.Children .Where(n => n.IsVisible() && n.TemplateId > 0 && !Umbraco.IsProtected(n.Id, n.Path) && (!n.HasProperty("searchEngineSiteMapHide") || !n.GetPropertyValue

@helper ListArticulateNodes() {

if(@Model.Content.GetPropertyValue("ArticleNodeID") != "")
    {

var newsroot = Umbraco.TypedContent(@Model.Content.GetPropertyValue("ArticleNodeID"));
    var blogArchive = newsroot.Children.First();

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";
    const int maxLevelForSiteMap = 1000;

foreach(var node in blogArchive.Children)

{
    <url>
        <loc>@(((IPublishedContent)node).UrlWithDomain())</loc>
        <lastmod>@node.UpdateDate.ToString("s")+00:00</lastmod>
    </url>
        if (node.Level <= maxLevelForSiteMap)
        {
            @ListChildNodes(node)

}

}

} }

Please Sign in or register to post replies