Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Cesar 5 posts 75 karma points
    Oct 17, 2017 @ 18:59
    Cesar

7.7.2 New installation throws Server error 500 SOLVED

7.7.2 New installation throws a server error 500.

I have followed the instructions to the letter for installing Umbraco manually.

But, no matter what I do, I cannot get past this error. I have installed 10 or so Umbraco sites in the past, and I have never had this much of a problem.

It is on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard with IIS 8.5.

I have double-checked everything; the permissions, the app pools, the web.config.

I have a SQL Server 2016 database on there, but I don't think it is getting that far.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated. My sanity is at stake.

Update: I finally got Umbraco to function on the website. The problem was twofold. First, the web.config file had sections in it that were configured as locked at a higher level, thus causing the error 500.19.

Below are the steps to resolve:

1.Go to C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config and open in notepad

2.Change the following key value present in <section name="handlers" overrideModeDefault="Deny" />

change this value from "Deny" to "Allow"

<section name="modules" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" overrideModeDefault="Deny" /> change this value from "Deny" to "Allow"

Then, I began receiving HTTP Error 500.22 - Internal Server Error An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.

This error implies that the application can only run in Classic mode in the Application Pool. Not true of the Umbraco application.

So, In the <system.webServer> section of the web.config file, I had to add the key <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>.

Now Umbraco runs perfectly in on the server.

But, alas, my Filemaker Server Administrator application is still throwing an error 500. I will update this if I can fix it.

• kevainc 5 posts 97 karma points
    Oct 18, 2017 @ 12:39
    kevainc

Have you checked the IIS logs to see why the 500 error is being thrown?

Oct 18, 2017 @ 16:48
    Cesar

Hi kevainc,

Thanks for your reply.

This is what the IIS log says. It writes one line each time I attempt to access the site.

Fields: date time s-computername s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs-version cs(User-Agent) cs(Referer) cs-host sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status time-taken

2017-10-17 17:31:16 SERVERNAME 127.0.0.1 GET / - 8000 - 127.0.0.1 HTTP/1.1 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.3;+WOW64;+Trident/7.0;+rv:11.0)+like+Gecko - nhg.local:8000 500 19 33 46

I do not know how to interpret the error, but it seems that it just indicates an error 500 was thrown. Would there be an increased level of verbosity I can configure into ISS to report more information?

Thanks for your help.

Oct 18, 2017 @ 20:14
    Cesar

It turns out that the other website on the server is also broken, returning a 500 error.

This means that the issue is not Umbraco specific, and as such, I am rescinding the question as it relates to Umbraco.

I will troubleshoot the (now) IIS specific error, which, in all likelihood, will resolve the Umbraco situation.

Jan 05, 2018 @ 19:10
    Cesar

The problem is twofold. First, the web.config file had sections in it that were configured as locked at a higher level, thus causing the error 500.19.

Below are the steps to resolve:

1.Go to C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config and open in notepad

2.Change the following key value present in <section name="handlers" overrideModeDefault="Deny" />

change this value from "Deny" to "Allow"

<section name="modules" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" overrideModeDefault="Deny" /> change this value from "Deny" to "Allow"

Then, I began receiving HTTP Error 500.22 - Internal Server Error An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply in Integrated managed pipeline mode.

This error implies that the application can only run in Classic mode in the Application Pool. Not true of the Umbraco application.

So, In the <system.webServer> section of the web.config file, I had to add the key <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>.

Now Umbraco runs perfectly in on the server.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft