Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Benoit Cornette 29 posts 169 karma points
    Oct 13, 2017 @ 13:41
    Benoit Cornette

Hello,

Is there any way you can send an email with a custom layout/design? Should be in HTML and centered but default it's just text or am I wrong?

Kind regards,

Benoit

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 13, 2017 @ 14:15
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Benoit

If you are using Umbraco Froms version 6.0.0+ we now include a new Workflow 'Send email with template (Razor)' that allows you to pick a Razor view file to send out a pretty HTML email for form submissions. We include an example email template for you to look at and understand how it works found at /views/partials/forms/emails/

Read more - https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Email-Templates/

Kind regards,

Alex

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 17, 2017 @ 15:41
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Benoit

Did you find a solution?

Alex

Oct 17, 2017 @ 18:36
    Benoit Cornette

Hello Alex,

No, not yet. I'm used to develop with Laravel, they have a markdown mail integration. For faster development I'm switching to Umbraco and I'm loving it, but still looking for a solution. You have to buy forms in Umbraco I guess?

Kind regards,

Benoit

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Oct 17, 2017 @ 19:31
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Benoit

Yes Umbraco forms is a licensed package and so does have a cost.

For smaller sites the additional cost can be hard to justify, but the payoff comes when you don't need to spend hours building a custom solution.

Cheers, Nigel

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 18, 2017 @ 08:33
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Benoit,

About which emails are you talking. Emails that are sent automatically by Umbraco (for example inviting a new user in 7.7.), or emails from your code. We've developed a package where you can edit your emails and the layout in Umbraco. Also you could insert tags that you can fill with values from your code. Furthermore you get a workflow to extend Umbraco Forms, so it can send emails via the package.

You can find it here; https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/perplexmail-for-umbraco/. It's completely free and it comes with one or two default templates.

Hope it helps, Jeffrey

Oct 18, 2017 @ 08:41
    Benoit Cornette

Hello Jeffrey,

It's about sending mails from my code, I'll take a look at Perplexmail, thanks for your answer.

Kind regards,

Benoit

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft