Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nikolaj Mariager 2 posts 83 karma points
    Oct 13, 2017 @ 09:10
    Nikolaj Mariager

"The view found at * was not created." YSOD with multiple domains

I have the following two domains:

Both are setup to point to the same IP, however the .eu site fails with the following message:

The view found at '~/Views/LandingPage.cshtml' was not created.

The LandingPage view is just a basic redirect that sends people to the correct language version.

What I find peculiar is hotlinking to resources works fine, like the og:image.

Another oddity is the fact that the control panel works on both domains as well. Both seems to indicate that it isn't a DNS issue.

I have the LandingPage configured with the following "Culture and Hostnames"

I'm unsure if there are any other place I should configure to properly support multiple root domains.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 13, 2017 @ 09:50
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Nikolaj

What mode of ModelsBuilder are you using? PureLive?

Try to change "Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode" to AppData, go to the developers' section and generate the models

<add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode" value="AppData"/>

It can be some strange issue with ModelsBuilder.

Thanks,

Alex

• Nikolaj Mariager 2 posts 83 karma points
    Oct 13, 2017 @ 10:08
    Nikolaj Mariager

Hi Alex

I did the following in case any others are having the same issue.

1. I opened up web.config, found the ModelsBuilder line and changed from PureLive to AppData.
    2. I then opened up the Umbraco/Developer page and hit "Reload" and afterwards "Generate models"
    3. Finally I included the "App_Data/Models" folder in my Visual Studio solution, rebuilt everything and then published.

After this, it seems like everything is working as expected, both sites load without issues now.

Is there anything I should keep in mind from switching from PureLive to AppData? Like always generating models after creating new Views?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Oct 13, 2017 @ 12:10
    Alex Skrypnyk

Nikolaj, there is no rule to use AppData models all the time, you can just return to PureLive models right now and it should work as before.

It's some strange issue, that appears from time to time.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft