Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• progproger 52 posts 130 karma points
    Oct 11, 2017 @ 13:06
    progproger

Add querystring to "umbracoUrlName" property

Hi,

Is there any way to add querystring to "umbracoUrlName" property? So it will look like for example "/node-url/?param=value".

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Oct 13, 2017 @ 08:06
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi progproger,

can you give some more details of the context?

We offen use jQuery to append querystrings to the urls.

But in this case we first need some more information.

/Michaël

Oct 13, 2017 @ 08:41
    progproger

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response. In more details:

I'm using doc type property(Textstring) with the following alias "umbracoUrlName". This is reserved alias for Umbraco and it allows you to use custom url for document.

I have navigation menu which generates this custom url's, but for some items I'd like to add querystring as well. If I enter for "umbracoUrlName" the following value for example: "/testpage?param=123", umbraco reserves it differently and document is allowed on the following url : "/testpageparam-123/", but i need to generate querystring.

There is an ability to replace url from umbracoSettings file in <urlReplacing> section. I've tried the following:

<char org="?">?</char>

but still without success

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Oct 13, 2017 @ 08:48
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hmmm what is the reason to manually add a querystring to the name of a node?

If its something static, why not store the param value in a new property on that document type and take it in your code?

/Michaël

Oct 13, 2017 @ 13:58
    progproger

Yes Michael. That's how I've done it already. I just thought that there is other mechanism in Umbraco to do that without adding new doc type property for querystring. Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft