Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Bond 3 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 03, 2017 @ 16:45
    Chris Bond

'Unhandled controller exception' in User management, User list page on clean install - Version 7.7.1 and 7.7.2

I get an 'Unhandled controller exception occurred Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: The best overloaded method match for 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary

I had a version 7.6.3 site which was working and then upgraded using the Nuget package to 7.7.1 and this error started occurring. I have subsequently installed several clean sites using both the Nuget and the download packages for 7.7.1 and 7.7.2 and both have the same problem. I create a new database schema in MySQL Version 5.7.13 on a windows 10 Pro machine and let the Umbraco install do it's work. I then login and go the the 'Users' section and see the following messaga: ' Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to retrieve users paged result '.

The full error message in the log is as follows:

2017-10-03 17:40:46,349 [P192/D5/T81] ERROR Umbraco.Web.Editors.UsersController - Unhandled controller exception occurred Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: The best overloaded method match for 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

• Jimmy 31 posts 147 karma points
    Nov 07, 2017 @ 20:36
    Jimmy

I get the exact same error in 7.7.4. I am using MySQL database.

Nov 08, 2017 @ 09:32
    Chris Bond

I've tried the 3 most recent versions of Umbraco with clean installations and empty MySQL databases and all have the same problem. I've also tried changing the 'lowercasetable_names' option in MySQL with no luck.

I've now given up and started using Sql Server instead, which works fine.

Nov 08, 2017 @ 09:54
    Jimmy

I have made an bug report. Hope they will fix it soon.

Nov 08, 2017 @ 10:29
    Jimmy

A fix should be on the way :-)

There was already a bug report

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-10492

Hope they include the fix in the next version.

Nov 08, 2017 @ 10:53
    Chris Bond

Nice one - thanks for the update!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft