Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dossie Wossie 7 posts 100 karma points
    Oct 03, 2017 @ 09:43
    Dossie Wossie

Comment marked for manual approval

Yesterday, I created an account to help someone with a merchello question.

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/merchello/merchello/74041-path-to-product-url

My comment (because my account was new) is marked for manual approval. But this was yesterday, how long does it take for these comments to be approved?

• Dossie Wossie 7 posts 100 karma points
    Oct 03, 2017 @ 11:27
    Dossie Wossie

Thanks, got approved :-)

• Splinx 50 posts 186 karma points
    Mar 02, 2018 @ 15:43
    Splinx

Hi Guys,

I'm in the same position on my account and accidentally posted my new topic 5 times (because there is no notification on submission that it was accepted and marked). The only way I found out that my posts were submitted was by visiting the "notifications" subscription section in my profile.

So, a few questions...

1) Can the forum posting process be improved to stop duplicate posts when they are marked for manual approval - a simple notification or something.

2) How long are accounts marked as requiring manual approval?

3) Is the manual approval on the account, on the type of content in the messages or a combination of this?

Cheers, Splinx

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 04, 2018 @ 15:45
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Sorry about that, unfortunately your posts were caught in a moment where we had a little bug on the forum. Normally you would get a long, red message explaining exactly what was going on.

enter image description here

The manual approval happens for all messages posted for the first time, as spam filters based on words were impossible to maintain.

Anyway, all good now on your account Splinx and you won't hit this block again and future people joining will see the explanation above again. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I've deleted the duplicates for you by the way.

• Splinx 50 posts 186 karma points
    Mar 04, 2018 @ 16:10
    Splinx

Thanks Sebastiaan,

I'm finding the forum and the community a great help and so there is no need to apologise.

Now that I can see it; I understand that your policy is very reasonable and has already gone through quite a bit of consideration.

I thought I was going crazy - sorry for the duplicate posts ;)

Cheers, Splinx

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 04, 2018 @ 16:11
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Cool, we're all on the same page then, no need to apologize from your end either!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft