Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sd75 31 posts 144 karma points
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 11:46
    sd75

Examine error - failed to retrieve indexer details

Hi

Trying to get to grips with Examine. Had site search working great but just trying to exclude certain doc types. I stupidly tried to delete (some were not deleted as they were locked) the examine index files (App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/....) when trying clear the index and test search results.

Now I'm getting an error in back office when going into the Developer section - Server error - failed to retrieve indexer details.

I've checked the log and it looks like the issue is related to missing files.

2017-09-27 12:30:35,701 [P75684/D16/T28] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred System.ApplicationException: Could not create an index searcher with the supplied lucene directory ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'H:\AppData\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\WIN1\External\Index_o81.del'. at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.FindSegmentsFile.Run(IndexCommit commit) at Lucene.Net.Index.DirectoryReader.Open(Directory directory, IndexDeletionPolicy deletionPolicy, IndexCommit commit, Boolean readOnly, Int32 termInfosIndexDivisor) at UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher.OpenNewReader() at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneSearcher.ValidateSearcher(Boolean forceReopen) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I don't know the best way to fix this - should I try to rebuild or clear the index and start again?

Many Thanks Steven

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 13:04
    Ismail Mayat

Steven,

Ideally rebuild however in this instance you cannot, so delete the index folder and then the backofice rebuild should work.

Regards

Ismail

• sd75 31 posts 144 karma points
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 13:23
    sd75

Many thanks Ismail - problem solved.

Just need to try and figure out how to get specific node types excluded from the search now!

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 27, 2017 @ 13:46
    Ismail Mayat

To exclude specific node types you can update the examineindex.config and set the nodetype aliases there then rebuild your index. Alternatively you can update your search query and exclude there.

See https://our.umbraco.org/Documentation/Reference/Config/ExamineSettings/ the element you need is

<ExcludeNodeTypes>
    <add Name="yournodetypealiashere"/></ExcludeNodeTypes>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft