Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Noel Olmut 5 posts 75 karma points
    Sep 21, 2017 @ 20:47
    Noel Olmut

Backoffice Member search slow

Hello,

We are building an Umbraco site with a few hundred thousand members on 7.5.3. Searching for members in the back office at /umbraco#/member/member/list/membertypename has become very slow, though the search does eventually succeed. I noticed that the member search is done in GetPagedResultsByQuery in Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.MemberRepository. I stepped through the code (running against a dev instance with much fewer members), pulled out and ran the generated SQL directly against the larger instance database, and it only took about 3 seconds to run, so it doesn't seem like that is the issue. What can we do to speed this up?

Thank you

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 21, 2017 @ 21:17
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hello Noel

What about examine indexes, are they working on your installation?

Thanks,

Alex

• Noel Olmut 5 posts 75 karma points
    Sep 21, 2017 @ 21:28
    Noel Olmut

Hi Alex,

Yes, examine indexes are working on our installation. I can run the search tool under InternalMemberSearcher in the Examine Management tab and search for members. The back office member search functionality that is having slow performance is part of Umbraco. It is not custom code that we developed. When examining the source code that does the member search, I did wonder why it does a SQL search and not an examine search.

Thank you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft