Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• SteveMid 25 posts 127 karma points
    Sep 21, 2017 @ 10:29
    SteveMid

I have built my first Umbraco site and reached the stage where I needed to add a 'Contact Us' form.

I did a bit of research which suggested purchasing Umbraco Forms (Contour) was the best solution, but £150 is too much for a personal project so I looked at alternatives.

I discovered uContactor which seems to do exactly what I was hoping for and I got it up and running but can't quite get it configured for my needs.

I'm close, but still have three issues and would appreciate help as I'm stuck.

1. I would like to add a 'Telephone number' field. There's some code to do so in the default 'contactForm.cshtml' file which works, but I would like the telephone number entered to be included in the notification email (and adding %phonenumber% in the template does not work)
    2. If certain characters are entered anywhere in the form (eg <>) then the website gives a nasty error page: "Request.Form value was detected from the client". How do I safely allow people to enter URLs etc. in the form?
    3. I would like to customise the HTML produced for the contact form, but can't really figure-out where I can do this.

Any assistance with the above would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• Nick 84 posts 451 karma points
    May 26, 2018 @ 08:49
    Nick

Hi Steve,

I know this is an old post, just came across it, I posted something similar sometime ago, you review the post here if this helps https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/ucontactor/feedback/84884-custom-fields

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft