Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• William Schwartz 16 posts 85 karma points
    Sep 15, 2017 @ 14:27
    William Schwartz

Umbraco 7.6.6 Embed Video Resize Issue

Hi all--

I having some issue with the Embed functionality when I try to change the dimensions of a YouTube video. I'm not sure if the problem is with Umbraco 7.6.6, the media provider (YouTube) or with me :)

Issue #1 - Embed - Default Options

Once I retrieve a YouTube video (leave the default dimensions and don't uncheck "Constrain"), the dimensions that are retrieved/displayed are not the dimensions written in the editor or grid.

Ex: Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkHfc3kSuoA

The retrieved dimensions are 360 x 240 but when I add the video, the dimensions written are 360 x 203.

<p><iframe width="360" height="203" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SkHfc3kSuoA?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe></p>

Side note: I didn't realize the height was changing with the default options because I was so focused on the width.

Issue #2 - Changing Dimensions

If I change the width to "600" and leave Constrain checked, the new dimensions are listed as 600 x 288 (which is the wrong aspect ratio if we're using the retrieved dimensions).

However, if I try and add the video to the RTE (leaving the Constrain option checked), it doesn't write the iframe:

<div class="umb-loader" style="height: 10px; margin: 10px 0px;"></div>

If I were adding it to the grid, I would just see a progress bar repeat over and over and over. Again, not writing the video.

BUT if I uncheck Constrain (after the dimensions were changed -- which I have to click twice before it unchecks? The first click seems to reload the Embed area) it will write the iframe in the RTE.

<p><iframe width="512" height="288" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SkHfc3kSuoA?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe></p>

The problem now is the dimensions are written in as 512 x 288 (which looks like the new dimensions are being adjusted for a second time using the adjusted height (288), not the displayed height, which was 400).

I'm confused and I can't seem to find any information regarding this.

I would expect, at the very least, the displayed values for the width and height, before submitting the embed, would be written.

Any thoughts?

-Wm

• Marthijn Kip 9 posts 96 karma points
    Jan 12, 2018 @ 10:59
    Marthijn Kip

Did you find a solution for this problem? We having the same issue.

• William Schwartz 16 posts 85 karma points
    Apr 05, 2018 @ 13:26
    William Schwartz

It's been a while, but I think the issue was with YouTube.

The video I was trying to embed had black top and bottom borders and YouTube was sending back the "cropped" dimensions of the video, and I had no idea it would do that.

At least I think that was it. If I remember more, I'll reply with it.

Good luck!

-Wm

• John Lee 6 posts 116 karma points
    Jul 11, 2018 @ 11:09
    John Lee

We're having the same issue with v7.11.1. The video I'm embedding doesn't have black borders top & bottom, so I'm not sure where the 203px height is coming from. It makes no difference at all whether I select or deselect the Constrain checkbox, the video is always shown with the top and bottom cut off.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very happy to hear from you. If I find an answer I'll post here.

Cheers,

J

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft