Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• William Schwartz 14 posts 73 karma points
    Sep 15, 2017 @ 14:27
    William Schwartz

Umbraco 7.6.6 Embed Video Resize Issue

Hi all--

I having some issue with the Embed functionality when I try to change the dimensions of a YouTube video. I'm not sure if the problem is with Umbraco 7.6.6, the media provider (YouTube) or with me :)

Issue #1 - Embed - Default Options

Once I retrieve a YouTube video (leave the default dimensions and don't uncheck "Constrain"), the dimensions that are retrieved/displayed are not the dimensions written in the editor or grid.

Ex: Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkHfc3kSuoA

The retrieved dimensions are 360 x 240 but when I add the video, the dimensions written are 360 x 203.

<p><iframe width="360" height="203" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SkHfc3kSuoA?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe></p>

Side note: I didn't realize the height was changing with the default options because I was so focused on the width.

Issue #2 - Changing Dimensions

If I change the width to "600" and leave Constrain checked, the new dimensions are listed as 600 x 288 (which is the wrong aspect ratio if we're using the retrieved dimensions).

However, if I try and add the video to the RTE (leaving the Constrain option checked), it doesn't write the iframe:

<div class="umb-loader" style="height: 10px; margin: 10px 0px;"></div>

If I were adding it to the grid, I would just see a progress bar repeat over and over and over. Again, not writing the video.

BUT if I uncheck Constrain (after the dimensions were changed -- which I have to click twice before it unchecks? The first click seems to reload the Embed area) it will write the iframe in the RTE.

<p><iframe width="512" height="288" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SkHfc3kSuoA?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe></p>

The problem now is the dimensions are written in as 512 x 288 (which looks like the new dimensions are being adjusted for a second time using the adjusted height (288), not the displayed height, which was 400).

I'm confused and I can't seem to find any information regarding this.

I would expect, at the very least, the displayed values for the width and height, before submitting the embed, would be written.

Any thoughts?

-Wm

• Marthijn Kip 9 posts 96 karma points
    Jan 12, 2018 @ 10:59
    Marthijn Kip

Did you find a solution for this problem? We having the same issue.

• William Schwartz 14 posts 73 karma points
    Apr 05, 2018 @ 13:26
    William Schwartz

It's been a while, but I think the issue was with YouTube.

The video I was trying to embed had black top and bottom borders and YouTube was sending back the "cropped" dimensions of the video, and I had no idea it would do that.

At least I think that was it. If I remember more, I'll reply with it.

Good luck!

-Wm

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft