Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• malar 97 posts 206 karma points
    Sep 10, 2017 @ 18:47
    malar

Hello Umbraco Team,

I uploded video MP4 through media , it is 307mb. But it stops while it is uploading and it does not finish. Can you please help me.

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Sep 10, 2017 @ 19:20
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Malar

In the web.config look for the following:

There is a setting maxAllowedContentLentgh which is probably 52428800 which is 50Mb - if so chuck another zero on the end...

See if this solves the issue.

Cheers, Nigel

Sep 11, 2017 @ 14:03
    malar

Hi Nigel,

I cannot find maxAllowedContentLentgh which is probably 52428800 which is 50Mb in web.config. Please help me.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Sep 11, 2017 @ 14:33
    Dan Diplo

This is a general ASP.NET / IIS setting, not an Umbraco specific setting. See these StackOverflow posts for guidance on increasing it:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/288612/how-to-increase-the-max-upload-file-size-in-asp-net and https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3853767/maximum-request-length-exceeded

Note that not many people are going to be pleased if you make a 307 MB auto-play video on your website. I would look at compressing it to be smaller or using a 3rd party host like YouTube or Vimeo to host for you.

Sep 13, 2017 @ 18:47
    malar

Hi Team,

Really i am sorry about that. I cannot find file. I am using C# with Umbraco project. I can see only umbraco web.config file.

This is my folder, Where should i see, AppBrowsers,AppCode,AppData,AppPlugins,aspnetclient,bin,config,css,data,fonts,gfx,macroScripts, masterpages,media,scripts,test,umbraco,umbracoclient,usercontrols,views,xslt.

Can you please help me.

Sep 13, 2017 @ 19:12
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Malar

See image below - this is from my local file system, so unsure why you cannot see the web.config - do you have system files hidden ?

File system of Umbraco site

Cheers, Nigel

Sep 13, 2017 @ 19:31
    malar

Hi Nigel,

See here, Thisis my live server web.config , i cannot find maxAllowedContentLentgh.please help me. enter image description here .

Sep 13, 2017 @ 22:20
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Malar

So open the web.config file.

Within the file can you find something similar to the following

<security>
      <requestFiltering>
        <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="52428800" />
      </requestFiltering>
    </security>

If not please post your web.config file contents, but make sure you remove any database / smtp usernames and passwords before posting.

Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft