Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• christophe 1 post 71 karma points
    Aug 24, 2017 @ 16:41
    christophe

How to change or add recipients for notifications

Hello,

I'm brand new in the world of Umbraco, and I would like to know how I can add recipients for notifications when a page is created, deleted, etc.

For now, I can assume that notifications are send to the mail associate to the principal user (the one I created during installation), because if I change this email, notifications are sent to the new email.

I would like to send notification to this user and to another mail box, but I can't find a way to do that?

I try to find it in the documentation or forum, but I didn't find any solution.

Could you help me?

Regards, Christophe

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Aug 25, 2017 @ 12:52
    Marcio Goularte

You can configure the default e-mail notifications in umbracosettings.config:

/config/umbracosettings.config

<notifications>
      <!-- the email that should be used as from mail when umbraco sends a notification -->
      <email>[email protected]</email>
    </notifications>

But if you need some dynamic logic, send to specific user types or a list of fixed recipients, you will have to implement custom code subscribe the events to send the email:

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/reference/events/contentservice-events

using Umbraco.Core;
    using Umbraco.Core.Events;
    using Umbraco.Core.Models;
    using Umbraco.Core.Publishing;
    using Umbraco.Core.Services;

namespace My.Namespace
    {
        public class MyEventHandler : ApplicationEventHandler
        {

protected override void ApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
            {
                ContentService.Published += ContentServicePublished;     
            }            

private void ContentServicePublished(IPublishingStrategy sender, PublishEventArgs<IContent> args)
            {
                foreach (var node in args.PublishedEntities)
                {
                    if (node.ContentType.Alias == "Comment")
                    {
                        SendMail(node);
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

Note: If you need the default HTML markup, you find in the /Umbraco/Config/Lang localization file. Alias "mailBodyHtml".

Update: This blog has an interesting implementation of notification (not tested)

http://www.felinesoft.com/blog/replacing-umbraco-services-notification-service/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft