Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tommi Gustafsson 12 posts 144 karma points
    Aug 22, 2017 @ 10:32
    Tommi Gustafsson

Problem building Umbraco 7.6.5 after upgrading

Hello!

I upgraded to Umbraco 7.6.5 from 7.5.10 through "Update-Package UmbracoCms" Package manager command in Visual Studio 2017.

After I try to build the web site, I get the following error:

Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.BrowseRepository'.

It comes from the page Umbraco\Developer\Packages\BrowseRepository.aspx, which has the following directive: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" MasterPageFile="../../masterpages/umbracoPage.Master" Title="Browse Repository" CodeBehind="BrowseRepository.aspx.cs" Inherits="umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.BrowseRepository" %>

Any idea what might be causing this problem?

Aug 22, 2017 @ 11:11
    Tommi Gustafsson

When I check the umbraco.dll assembly, the type is indeed missing from there:

enter image description here

Only directoryBrowser, Installer, and _Default types are under umbraco.presentation.developer.packages namespace.

:-\ ???

Aug 22, 2017 @ 11:55
    Tommi Gustafsson

The problem was that Update-Package command did not remove some files. It appears that you cannot use it to upgrade reliably anymore?!? I had to download the zip file and delete old Umbraco directories and paste new ones into the solution. Then I had to delete all macro templates (they do not work anymore?) and do some minor changes to web.config, and then the web site started to work.

Huh! I would have liked that Update-Package would have done all heavy-lifting for me...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft