Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 6 posts 108 karma points
    Aug 21, 2017 @ 15:02
    Tom

Separate or custom login provider for frontend and backend

Hi Guys, I have recently adopted a project which is using ASP.NET Identity with a custom user store where users are stored in a separate DB etc this is working great. In this phase of the project I have to integrate a CMS, so we chose Umbraco (obviously). What I want to be able to do is leave the current custom Identity login provider that has already been implemented, but for the Umbraco backend to be accessible with Umbraco's OOTB membership. I am running into a couple of issues where the providers seem to conflict. Once logged in on the frontend via a front end user, then trying to login to the back end by navigating to /umbraco and logging in, Umbraco then gets itself into a redirect loop.

I suppose my first question is:

• a) is this even possible
    • b) is it the correct architectural approach (I did consider running Umbraco on a separate internal server which exposed an API to access content via the front end...)
    • c) has anyone done something similar

I appreciate its a bit of an open ended question but would be good to start a discussion and get peoples thoughts on this

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft