Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Drew 2 posts 71 karma points
    Aug 18, 2017 @ 08:31
    Drew

Hi,

I thought I had posted this message yesterday, but can't see it on the forum.

I'm having a bit of a problem with Umbraco V6. I want to embed a Survey Monkey on to a page on our website but anytime I copy and paste the code into the HTML viewer and update, nothing happens. It also won't work with Twitter widgets, but does work with YouTube videos.

Does anybody have any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Drew

• Tobias Klika 101 posts 570 karma points c-trib
    Aug 21, 2017 @ 12:05
    Tobias Klika

Have you already checked the tinyMceConfig.config file for allowed tags? Not sure if it's the same for v6, but in v7 it's located in the config/ folder. There is a section <validElements>...</validElements> (and <invalidElements>) where you can allow/disallow certain HTML tags in your editor. If a tag is not allowed, it will get removed automatically on save - and I guess that's what happens in your case.

• Alan Mitchell 57 posts 279 karma points c-trib
    Aug 22, 2017 @ 10:18
    Alan Mitchell

Embedding widgets can be fiddly, always try to use the HTML source view on a rich text editor and paste in only the HTML that you know you need to make it work.

If all else fails, make a separate document template and put the code in there - its easier to test that way too. When you have it working, add it back in a more generic fashion to keep things reusable and maintainable.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft