Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Danny 49 posts 104 karma points
    Aug 11, 2017 @ 19:14
    Danny

Can't get NestedContent datatype to appear

I'm trying to use the NestedContent datatype on a fresh Umbraco 7.6.5 installation. I however cannot get it to show up in DataTypes. The package shows as installed and the NestedContent folder appears in App_Plugins with all its folders. I have tried installing the plugin locally, via nuget through Visual Studio, and through the install package feature of Umbraco itself all to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can get this to work?

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 430 posts 1668 karma points
    Aug 14, 2017 @ 13:27
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Danny,

Nested Content is now one of the in built data types provided with Umbraco in version 7.6.5. You should not install this as a plugin.

You will see Nested Content as an option when you try and create a new Data Type.

Cheers,

Marc

• Al Burns 49 posts 149 karma points
    Aug 16, 2017 @ 10:13
    Al Burns

Hi Marc.

Looks like the Nested Content package will be included in Umbraco 7.7, not currently in 7.6.5 so you still need to install the package.

Aug 16, 2017 @ 10:15
    Al Burns

Hi Danny.

This might be a silly question but have you tried looking for it in the create new data type dropdown. It doesn't appear in the data types list after install but should be available in the dropdown list.

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 430 posts 1668 karma points
    Aug 16, 2017 @ 11:15
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Ahh, my mistake!!! Was messing about with 7.7 beta and forgot it wasnt released yet.

Aug 16, 2017 @ 11:20
    Al Burns

No worries! Looks like some good stuff in 7.7.

• Danny 49 posts 104 karma points
    Aug 16, 2017 @ 14:20
    Danny

Hey All,

Thanks for the replies. I was expecting to see it in the list of datatypes (I'm 99% sure in older versions of Umbraco new datatypes would appear there), and to not have to go into add a new datatype. I've been out of Umbraco development for at least 5 years or so and am now doing another implementation so many things have changed. All is good now. Loving the newest Umbraco!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft