Imagine being paid to improve your favorite CMS!

It could be you! Umbraco HQ are hiring and are looking for both talents and senior developers. Wonderful workplace, friendly colleagues and competitive salary.

Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ThomasBrunbjerg 86 posts 177 karma points
    Aug 11, 2017 @ 07:30
    ThomasBrunbjerg

Using the MediaPicker property editor in custom property (Umbraco)

I want to create a custom property editor, that makes use of the media picker. Right now my controller looks like this:

angular.module("umbraco").controller("My.MediaCropperController", function($scope, dialogService) { $scope.mediaPicker = { view: 'mediapicker', value: null, // or your value config: { disableFolderSelect: true, onlyImages: true } }; });

And my view looks like this:

umb-editor ng-controller="My.MediaCropperController" model="mediaPicker" ng-if="mediaPicker">

As I understand it, I need to create config object for built-in editors, then use in the template to show the editor. However when i bring my property editor into my backoffice, nothing is being shown. What am I doing wrong here?

This is my package manifest file:

{
    //you can define multiple editors
    propertyEditors: [
    { /this must be a unique alias/ alias: "My.MediaCropper", /the name/ name: "My Media Cropper", /the html file we will load for the editor/ editor: { view: "~/AppPlugins/MediaCropper/mediacropper.html" } } ] , //array of files we want to inject into the application on appstart javascript: [ '~/App_Plugins/MediaCropper/mediacropper.controller.js' ] }

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft