Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Somu 7 posts 78 karma points
    Jul 21, 2017 @ 08:01
    Somu

Back-Office error over HTTPS site

Hi,

I have a Umbraco 7.5.11 https site with sql server 2012 r2 deployed in Azure. I am not able to save only Media content inside rich text editor control in Umbraco back-office and getting the below error.

enter image description here

I have configured umbracoUseSSL" value="true" in web.config and

thanks.

• Somu 7 posts 78 karma points
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 05:13
    Somu

Is there any one to help?

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Aug 15, 2017 @ 01:24
    Shannon Deminick

Including these details will make it far more likely that people will be able to help you out:

• Have you tried replicating this on a clean install on a different environment?
    • If you can replicate on a new install/environment, provide the steps
    • Have you tried upgrading to the latest version to see if that solves the problem?

I've never seen this issue so chances are it's environment specific or something odd bit of code, plugin or settings that is causing the problem.

• Nigel Brown 3 posts 73 karma points
    Sep 07, 2017 @ 17:52
    Nigel Brown

Hello, I also have the same issue on Microsoft Azure, the umbraco installation is behind the Microsoft Application Gateway/Web Application Firewall.

I think its either something to do with ClientDependency or the umbraco install trying to access non https content in the background.

I can only login to Umbraco in this environment when "debug" is set to True which is not ideal in a live environment. I can't set umbracoUseSSL to true as it fires a circular loop of redirects which throws an error in relation to cookies.

Everything I try to save gives the following error.

Authorization error: Unauthorized access to URL: /*/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Member/PostSave

In the background the following error is thrown.

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied

I have given the AppPool access to the folder (full permission)

Currently using Umbraco version 7.6.5 assembly: 1.0.6428.37121

Any thoughts?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft