Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 15, 2017 @ 01:51
    Dave

Hi,

I had installed 7.4.2 on production server, then installed 7.6.3 on a local server. I did a lot of work on the local server, then copied the website and database to the production server. Now the admin user is not able to log in on the production server. I did make a backup of the database and website. So far I've tried:

1. Copying the password and SecurityStampToken from the backup to the production server.

2. Tried this: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/4790-ouch-forgot-admin-password-how-to-reset

3. Found the UmbracoAdminReset.dll, but it looks like it doesn't work for 7.6.3.

4. Added the SMTP information in Web.Config and tried using the forgot password link, but get "Request password reset failed for email ..." error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Johan Reitsma 67 posts 233 karma points
    Jul 15, 2017 @ 08:22
    Johan Reitsma

did you set noConsole to false and recycle the app pool?

• Micha Somers 134 posts 597 karma points
    Jul 15, 2017 @ 10:16
    Micha Somers

Did you check your UmbracoMembershipProvider settings in web.config?

If you came from an older version before 7.6, it is likely that useLegacyEncoding must be set to "true" after upgrade.

(A new install of 7.6.3 has "false" as default setting)

• Dave 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jul 16, 2017 @ 02:59
    Dave

Thanks Johan, Micha. I had tried both of the settings yesterday, but maybe not together, and/or I forgot to recycle the app pool

So for anyone else that may be having this issue (after upgrading to 7.6.3), do all the steps: 1. Set the useLegacyEncoding = "false" in web.config. 2. Set noConsole = false in the umbracoUsers table in the database. 3. Recycle the app pool.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft