Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gavin Hoare 11 posts 81 karma points
    Jun 28, 2017 @ 09:51
    Gavin Hoare

Creating custom notifications

I have recently been seeing on the forum that you can create custom notifications for simple approval requests through Umbraco v4.x but we are using version v7.5.x.

Now, I think we have one of two options

1. Edit the en.xml file that contains the information that is then imported into the email to create a notification that shows some of the standard details i.e. metadata and a preview of the page along with highlighted changes of everything from that page.

2. To create a custom section and develop some kind of approval process within the CMS itself that shows the highlighted changes and should have a Approved, Reject and Edit buttons, but then that's a lot of work.

If we go with option 2, is there a plugin that could do this for us? I found the Workflow plugin but that doesn't show the changes by default and seems a little complicated as we just want a 2 stage (submission then single approval) process.

• Gavin Hoare 11 posts 81 karma points
    Jun 28, 2017 @ 14:42
    Gavin Hoare

Update: I found the en.xml file within the core files for the notifications which Includes some data about the standard email body text including the header but after Update summary all I'm seeing in the core file is %6%. From what I can see this is basically a tag that tells the system to add details about the page and embeds it in the email but I'm guessing this is what needs to be change to something else to load a preview of all the changes.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft