Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Wesley Herpoelaert 52 posts 123 karma points
    Jun 21, 2017 @ 12:30
    Wesley Herpoelaert

Backoffice browser memory leak

Hi,

I noticed a memory leak with a clean install of Umbraco 7.6.3 and the Fano starter kit.

When you navigate between the pages in Umbraco, you can see the browser memory go up. And with a big site it can go up to 3000MB. It happens especially with the pages where a grid is used.

I was using Chrome.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks! enter image description here

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 22, 2017 @ 06:05
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Wesley,

that is a really good observation and I have been seeing the same issues. Maybe you could log an issue at the IssueTracker of Umbraco: http://issues.umbraco.org/dashboard with as much details as you can.

Jeffrey

• blackhawk 313 posts 1368 karma points
    Jun 23, 2017 @ 13:54
    blackhawk

Wesley did you report this yet?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jun 23, 2017 @ 15:03
    Nicholas Westby

I have noticed over the years that the back office seems to get slower and slower the more you use it. It happens so much that I now often recommend during CMS training with clients that they occasionally open a new tab and close the old tab to make it work faster. Maybe this is due to the memory issue you've noticed.

• Tim Moxon 3 posts 94 karma points
    Jun 27, 2018 @ 14:43
    Tim Moxon

For info: this was reported a year ago on the issues log. http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9453

I've just added some more details but will add some here for completeness.

The issue still seems to be around various controls not unloading. You can click between content items and cause the memory footprint of the browser to keep growing. Clicking between tabs - particularly away and back to content, can cause large increases (I've seen 60Mb jumps clicking back to content).

Seen in both Chrome and Edge up to version Umbraco 7.7.9 (not tested on later, yet) without any plugins installed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft