Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thobias 14 posts 104 karma points
    Jun 21, 2017 @ 11:38
    Thobias

/umbraco/RestServices/ScheduledPublish/Index returned 404 not found

Hey @all,

we have some trouble with the ScheduledPublishController. Its responses a 404 error.

In relation to this this: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/78660-why-do-we-have-a-404-error-for-umbracorestservicesscheduledpublishindex we can get it running at IIS or Azure.

Tried to set umbracoApplicationUrl and baseUrl attribute at umbracoSettings.config file. Nothing helps.

Version: 7.5.9

Any ideas what we can do?

• Dawid 26 posts 136 karma points c-trib
    Jun 21, 2017 @ 13:45
    Dawid

Hi you can take a look on this post : https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/85795-scheduled-publishing-doesnt-work

It happened because of some restrictions in web.config.

Jun 22, 2017 @ 12:53
    Thobias

Hi Dawid,

thanks for your response.

I checked the web.config but no ipSecurity is shown. Can you explain more details about your mentioned fix?

Jun 22, 2017 @ 13:20
    Dawid

Our problem was that we had load balanced environment with separated servers, one for backoffice and one for frontend.

First problem was that we haven't had the master server selected.

After fixing that, the ScheduledPublishing Task was running, but nothing happend. Content that had Publish At date was still not published.

I've added some logging into the Umbraco source and discovered that ScheduledPublishing could not hit the ScheduledPublishController on the same server.

Strange thing was that Scheduled Publishing worked on my local machine, but it didn't work on Azure.

After further investigation, I've found that there is an ipSecurity section in web.config and this was blocking requests from ScheduledPublishing task to ScheduledPublishController. I have to add ip addresses to this section.

For more details you can check out the thread.

Best regards, Dawid

Jun 22, 2017 @ 14:46
    Thobias

I think i have some more informations.

The ScheduledPublish controller is working at the domain we created but not on the cms domain.

We have no errors at the log files (changed log level to "ALL") but at requests errors at azure insights.

Any ideas why something could be calling the cms url for that scheduledpublish controller? We cant figure out right now.

Hopeful for any ideas you have in mind. ;)

Jun 22, 2017 @ 20:22
    Dawid

Do you have single instance for FrontEnd and Backoffice ?

This problem occures only on Azure ? Or both locally and on Azure ?

Did you try to search for "slave" keyword in logs?

Jun 23, 2017 @ 14:18
    Thobias

This problem occurs on Local IIS and Azure. We have one instance for frontend and backoffice.

For local testing is nothing wrong for me. Just Azure capture lots of 404 errors each minute.

No keyword "slave" found in each config file.

For my understanding: That another url is working for a job that shall working at backoffice isnt correct for me. Shall the backoffice url be used at the request?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft