Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jun 19, 2017 @ 21:43
    Ben

Media Picker2, Search and Umbraco 7.6

Fellow Umbracians, I have a question.

STR 1

1. Open any typical content page with a WYSIYWG content area.
    2. Highlight some text, and click the Insert/Edit Link icon in the WYSIWYG editors toolbar.
    3. Click the gray Select media button.
    4. Search for an image or PDF, select, and click the green Submit button.

Note that the Link to document field remains empty.

STR 2

1. Open any typical content page with a WYSIYWG content area.
    2. Highlight some text, and click the Insert/Edit Link icon in the WYSIWYG editors toolbar.
    3. Click the gray Select media button.
    4. Manually navigate to the same image or PDF from STR 1, select, and click the green Submit button.

Note that the Link to document field fills in as it should.

Following STR 1, the editor fails to link to the image or document. Following STR 2, the editor correctly links to the image or document.

Try as I might, I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure this out. I checked all of my config files. I rebuilt all of the Examine indexes. Nothing seems to be out of place or incorrectly configured. I have seen this on both an existing project that got updated to v7.6.1 and on a new project that started at v7.6.1.

So my question: Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this a known bug? (I tried searching through our and issues but didn't see anything (or maybe overlooked?) this.)

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2017 @ 07:04
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Ben,

I think this is a bug. You should report it with as much details as you can on the issue tracker : issues.umbraco.org

Dave

• Ben 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jun 20, 2017 @ 15:45
    Ben

Hey Dave,

Thanks for looking my post over and the suggestion! Reported here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-10042

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft