Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jun 07, 2017 @ 15:47
    Ismail Mayat

restict image and file types in media section

Hello,

I remember in the older versions of umbraco you could set allowed image types in media section it used to be in umbracoSettings. In v7 how do you do this? As I do not see this anymore.

Also for files to restrict file types how would you do this? Would you need to create your own property editor?

Regards

Ismail

• Brett Fullam 119 posts 629 karma points
    Jun 07, 2017 @ 16:37
    Brett Fullam

Hi Ismail,

I'm using v7.6.2 and I found the upload control for media and content under Config\umbracoSettings.config. I used it to add SVG. Here's what you'll need to modify to add to or restrict what can be added to the media section:

\Config\umbracoSettings.config:
       53      <!-- These file types will not be allowed to be uploaded via the upload control for media and content -->
       54:     <disallowedUploadFiles>ashx,aspx,ascx,config,cshtml,vbhtml,asmx,air,axd,swf,xml,xhtml,html,htm,svg,php,htaccess</disallowedUploadFiles>

In regards to your question about whether or not you need a custom property editor ... that's a good question. The code above restricts the file type for the WHOLE platform ... how to restrict filetypes on a case-by-case use is a question for some more experienced developers here in the forum.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft