Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Russ Stewart 3 posts 72 karma points
    Jun 05, 2017 @ 15:54
    Russ Stewart

Trouble embedding code for an online form

I created a registration form through my organization's customer management system (Blackbaud) and am trying to put the code for that form into a WYSIWYG text box. When I paste the code into the source code section and click preview it displays nothing in that section of the page. When I close the preview and go back to the source code, the code that I pasted is gone and replaced by "

"

Is there something else I need to enter to get the form to work?

• Ashley Greene 2 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 17:15
    Ashley Greene

Russ, we are having the exact same problem with our online donation form code from Bloomerang. Did you ever get your code to take? Thanks for any help/tips/workarounds you can share!

• Russ Stewart 3 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 13:18
    Russ Stewart

Hi Ashley,

We did get it taken care of but I didn't do it personally (it was beyond my skill level). We had a tech support company log in to our system and they were able to get it done very quickly. I don't remember the details but they said there was a setting that didn't allow for the code to be entered and that was all they needed to change. Hope that helps!

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 18:46
    Amir Khan

Its a security setting in Tiny MCE, the RTE. We usually use a grid editor with a normal textbox or add a textbox datatype to the document type you're using. We do it a lot for things like adding page specific tags.

-Amir

• Ashley Greene 2 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 11, 2018 @ 19:18
    Ashley Greene

Thanks for the info, Amir! Bear with me as I do not write code, but have had minimal success tweaking or manipulating it slightly in our HTML tab to get the page to do what I want. In this case, I am trying to insert the new online donation form embed code on our website's donation page. Basically, I insert the code provided by software form editor and when I enter it into the HTML box, it does not preview the form and when I go back to the HTML box, the code has disappeared. How/where do I access a textbox or textbox datatype in the page editor to work around this problem?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft