Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• progproger 52 posts 130 karma points
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 15:07
    progproger

Role based protection shows incorrect data

Hi,

I have more than 20 member groups in umbraco project. When I'm trying to update document using public access with role based protection it saves data in db fine. (It exists in umbracoAccessRule table and all roles inserted/updated correctly) But when I'm trying to get document roles after that it shows me incorrect roles which i have not selected in backoffice, even in code. I assume that it uses "GetEntryForContent" from PublicAccessService class, which retrieves document roles from cache. Is there any way to refresh role based content caches directly? Or what can be a reason that data inserted/updated in caches is incorrect?

Note: I've tried to remove App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes folder and it helped me for a while. After some time it is still showing incorrect role/roles.

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5269 karma points MVP 2x
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 15:27
    Shannon Deminick

you forgot to mention the umbraco version you are using? If I recall correctly there have been some fixes applied to this within the last year or so.

• progproger 52 posts 130 karma points
    Jun 02, 2017 @ 18:19
    progproger

Thanks for your response Shannon. Umbraco version is 7.3.7. Tbh i did not find anything related to this. Maybe i missed something

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5269 karma points MVP 2x
    Jun 13, 2017 @ 11:40
    Shannon Deminick

https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/compare?from=7.3.7&to=7.6.3

There's a ton of things relating to members and even relating directly to indexes and protected content.

You are on a very old version, it is always recommended to use the latest since there's several (100+) bugs fixed

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft