Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kurt 29 posts 111 karma points
    Jun 01, 2017 @ 17:24
    Kurt

Export all content to file(s)?

Using Umbraco 7.2.3. Is there an easy way (with or without a separate package even) to export everything in the Content section to some sort of a file? We'd like to send what we already have translated to our translation vendor, but I have to figure out how to get the text out of the Content section.

I know I could probably grab it all from the database, but that also includes the HTML and I'd rather not have to parse through it all to just get the text.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 05, 2017 @ 15:33
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Kurt

Did you try uSync, it can help you to store all content from database to disk - https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/usync/

Thanks,

Alex

Jun 05, 2017 @ 17:30
    Kurt

I did look at uSync, but it says in the documentation that it doesn't do Content. Which is specifically what I'm looking for. Wish it would have worked, since it seems like it would have made this pretty simple.

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jun 05, 2017 @ 18:20
    Amir Khan

Hi Kurt, you want the content edition of uSync: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/usynccontentedition/

-Amir

Jun 05, 2017 @ 21:06
    Kurt

Well then...that's probably what I was looking for. I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

Jun 28, 2017 @ 17:37
    Kurt

Hadn't been able to look into this until now, but I realize that the Content Edition hasn't been tested on 7.2.x versions, which is what we are currently on.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jun 05, 2017 @ 21:34
    Nicholas Westby

In the developer section of Umbraco, you can create an Umbraco package (really just a ZIP file), and that package can include content nodes. You might want to give that a try. I'm not sure how it stores the files for content, but it'd probably be worth looking into.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft