Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kip Carter 42 posts 201 karma points
    May 27, 2017 @ 02:19
    Kip Carter

Increasing blog post size in Fanoe starter kit

Very new to Umbraco but loving it so far and making good headway. My first objective was to bring in all my old blogs that I'd posted elsewhere and since has vaporized.

The problem I have with the Fanoe blog posting features is the size.

I post a blog and after getting three up there I go check my work and what I find is that the blogs are all cut off with a '...' at the end of each. This dot-dot-dot does nothing useful when I click on it and I loose my blog page completely and have to re-navigate back to it in order to view the next one.

This has to be something that I can adjust but after going in and trying to eliminate length restrictions to the types I got exactly the same results as prior to attempting to adjust.

After working with Umbraco for a year or so I'm sure I will look back and see how silly this question is, but for the life of me I'm stumped!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 29, 2017 @ 12:41
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Kip

Can you show some screenshots and code examples?

Where do you see the dots?

Alex

• Kip Carter 42 posts 201 karma points
    May 29, 2017 @ 15:02
    Kip Carter

Hi again Alex, Well this was a learning curve issue. I didn't realize where to position my content. I have since over come the issue by looking at the sample that was in the startup kit.

So chalk this up to simple understanding of the UI created in Umbraco. Once I figured that out the layup went fairly well.

I responded to my question about best practices for embedding Sway and would like to see some input on that topic but this one I think is a done deal. I'm rusty with the toolset but coming along.

Thankx, Kip...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft