Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kip Carter 42 posts 201 karma points
    May 26, 2017 @ 17:04
    Kip Carter

Best practice: adding 'Microsoft Sway' content

I've got some Sway content that I would perfer displaying in Umbraco rather than linking to it.

I'm new and figured that this has been done. I've pasted an embed code on a page and while it runs the resulting window is too small to display the full content unless I leave Umbraco and go directly to Sway for rendering.

Thoughts?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 29, 2017 @ 12:55
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Kip

Can you show how did you paste 'Microsoft Sway' content to Umbraco?

Alex

May 29, 2017 @ 14:56
    Kip Carter

Sure!
    As you are working on a project in Sway there is a menu item in the upper left 'Share' enter image description here

From here it is only a matter of getting the embedded code and pasting that into a 'rich text edit' window in my Umbraco page.

What happens is that even though I might provide a full width area for item it is going to display at the width of the embedded codes 'iframe'.

Obviously the simple solution is to increase the size of the iframe to compensate, but my concern there is that this potentially defeats the formatting of Umbraco for different platforms (tablet, smart phone, etc).

Because this was my first post it was delayed getting released for manual review, so I opted to attempt to recreate the Sway inside of Umbraco. This was successful but not quite what I wanted to accomplish.

Jun 05, 2017 @ 01:25
    Kip Carter

I've done some more experimenting with adding Sway content and it is entirely possible with embedding and works 'okay'. The problem you run into is that Sway interprets what it renders based on the iframe setup in the embed statement. This means that without a lot of fuss there is no sensing for the format of the display being used.

I'm taking Sway off my list and looking for other approaches.

Regards, Kip...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft