Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Joshua Lemli 17 posts 148 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 19:48
    Joshua Lemli
    0

    Moved Umbraco, getting "view found at ... was not created" YSOD

    I had to move an umbraco site from one subdomain to another. I did this by deleting the old "Site" in IIS and creating a new one bound to the new (sub)domain. The directory containing my umbraco deployment was also moved.

    Now I get an error "The view found at '~/Views/.cshtml' was not created." I am still able to login to the backoffice.

    I have tried republishing the content within the backoffice. I tried redeploying the site from Visual Studio.

    Does anybody know what the issue might be?

  • Craig Mayers 102 posts 331 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 20:00
    Craig Mayers
    0

    Hi Joshua,

    Where is your Views folder? Is it still in the root directory of your project?

    And is it a specific View that is not rendering OR is it all of them?

    Craig

  • Joshua Lemli 17 posts 148 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 20:17
    Joshua Lemli
    100

    Views folder (and all file structure) is exactly the same, only the containing/root directory is renamed. None of the views/macros/etc were rendering...

    However, I just restored my old App_Data directory from a backup, and redeployed umbraco, and now my site loads. So now the site loads, but...

    Now I am locked out of the backend. None of the "user" logins for the backoffice are working!

    I have tried redeploying again and nothing seems to work. Going to "myDomain.com/umbraco" immediately acts as though I have failed a login, appending a bunch of extra stuff onto the query string. Using any combination of username/email/passwords yields a failed login.

    I am closing this topic and opening a new one since my original problem has been resolved (albeit in a useless way).

  • Craig Mayers 102 posts 331 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 21:03
    Craig Mayers
    0

    I wouldn't say this is 100% fixed as of yet though.

    Restoring an old version of your "App_Data" folder may have other knock on effects.

  • Joshua Lemli 17 posts 148 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 21:27
    Joshua Lemli
    0

    Such as my getting locked out of backoffice, or...?

  • Craig Mayers 102 posts 331 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 21:31
    Craig Mayers
    0

    Yes. I believe it must be related somehow.

    How old was the backup? And was it the App_Data folder that was in the other domain/server?

  • Joshua Lemli 17 posts 148 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 21:39
    Joshua Lemli
    0

    The backup was recent, nothing had been changed. I copied the (umbraco site) files over, removed the old IIS Site, added the new Site (with the new domain), and the issues began.

  • Craig Mayers 102 posts 331 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 21:44
    Craig Mayers
    0

    Hmmm.as

    Are you sure everything copying across correctly? Your not missing any files/folders?

    A folder comparison tool such WinMerge may help in this instance.

  • Joshua Lemli 17 posts 148 karma points
    May 19, 2017 @ 15:21
    Joshua Lemli
    0

    Craig, thanks for continuing to delve into this. Diffing the folders didn't reveal any missing files or concerning differences in web.configs. But I must have made a mistake somewhere, or something went wrong, corrupted file, etc...

    Today I am going to rebuild my project and attempt another domain migration + directory move just to see what transpires. If I have further issues I will continue to post, otherwise (if all goes well) I will chalk this up to some error on my part.

    Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft