Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stacey Schlenker 7 posts 107 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 18:20
    Stacey Schlenker

Unrecognized element 'EnablePropertyValueConverters' after upgrade to 7.6.1

I just upgraded from 7.60 to 7.6.1 and am receiving the following error:

Unrecognized element 'EnablePropertyValueConverters

I read through the breaking changes and setting the value from true to false does no good as it is not even recognizing this as a valid element.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 19, 2017 @ 14:49
    Jeavon Leopold

How did you upgrade? Sounds like some of your Dll's are not updated...

May 19, 2017 @ 15:21
    Stacey Schlenker

It was upgraded via nuget and then I made the changes listed in the 7.6.1 version specific upgrade documentation.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 19, 2017 @ 15:22
    Jeavon Leopold

Ok, perhaps try to delete all of the Dll's in the bin folder and rebuild the solution then?

May 19, 2017 @ 20:28
    Stacey Schlenker

I have cleaned the solution and built again to no success. I also removed the line in question and then received the same type of error for "loginBackgroundImage". So then I removed both for fun and see an exception others are talking about

Lines removed:

<EnablePropertyValueConverters>true</EnablePropertyValueConverters>

<loginBackgroundImage>assets/img/installer.jpg</loginBackgroundImage>

New Exception after removal of lines:

Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference.

In other thread I see people setting up two assembly binding redirects, but the oddity is that my solution is already using the 2.0.8.0 assembly. Do I need to grab the old assembly and put it into the solution and setup the redirects with codebase?

Jul 19, 2017 @ 19:37
    Stacey Schlenker

I finally got around to taking another crack at this to the 7.6.4 version. Same error, but after much more digging I realized that the references in my project were showing up in visual studio 2017 as pointing to an older App_Data/NugetBackup folder. When I unloaded the project and looked at the csproj file it had the references correct with '..\packages..'

So I went into App_Data and noticed quite a few old backups. Some were included in the project which so I deleted all the old ones except for the one created for today and then made sure to leave it excluded. Did a clean of the project and rebuilt.

Now all my references look correct when inspecting via properties in visual studio.

I was able to finish the upgrade process and login in. The site appears to be running as I would expect.

• progproger 52 posts 130 karma points
    Aug 30, 2017 @ 13:16
    progproger

Hi Stacey,

Do you mean that your csproj file references were pointing to App_Data\NuGetBackup....\bin\dll's ?

I'm getting the same errors, but i think references are pointed correctly to '..\packages' folder.

Aug 30, 2017 @ 14:20
    Stacey Schlenker

The references in the csproj were correct. When inspecting the references in the solution explorer of visual studio (under properties) I could see the path was pointing to the wrong spot.

Really not sure how this was happening, but removing the older backups that I did not need and making sure not to include them into the project worked for me.

No changes to my csproj via editing manually were needed.

• progproger 52 posts 130 karma points
    Aug 30, 2017 @ 14:32
    progproger

Thanks for your response Stacey. Seems like that i have different issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft