Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Meni 247 posts 483 karma points
    May 18, 2017 @ 16:38
    Meni

user lock after 2-3 wrong password - how to change?

Hi, How do I change that the user will not lock after 2-3 times that I put a wrong password? Sometimes I just type fast the password, and if I put a wrong password after 1-2 trials I have to download the Umbraco admin reset package. It's very annoying.

I tried to add maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="10" in my web.config as follow:

<add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.MembersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="8" useLegacyEncoding="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Member" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="10" />
                <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.UsersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="8" useLegacyEncoding="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" />

But it still lock the account after 2-3 wrong passwords.

Please advise

• Craig Mayers 164 posts 508 karma points
    May 19, 2017 @ 11:27
    Craig Mayers

Hi Meni,

I believe this is a duplicate of the following thread;

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/77476-increase-failed-login-attempts

Good luck!

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft