Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kris Janssen 210 posts 569 karma points c-trib
    May 08, 2017 @ 16:57
    Kris Janssen

What can you expect from a hosting company??

Hi guys,

I need a sanity check from the community.

For years, I have been using nitroserve.nl without many complaints.

This weekend however, I started having issues getting to files of my Umbraco instances through FTP. A few hours later all my sites were online (a half dozen).

Nobody would properly reply to support requests, other than an automated Email.

In the ensuing hours, they put up a status page that claimed that everything was solved.

Even though I ultimately was able to exchange some Emails regarding my issues the just bluntly seem to have gone home at 5pm today, leaving me in limbo and my sites offline since Saturday.

Is that sort of thing normal??

I would love to go to Azure but I don't know if this makes sense for low traffic, simple websites that I create for private people or small university labs.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 09, 2017 @ 16:23
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Kris,

Have you think of trying out Umbraco Cloud, and see if it could be the way to go. We have starter plans for 25€ per month.

Try to have look https://umbraco.com/pricing/ on the starter plan you will get

• Automated Upgrades

• ContentFlow

• Baselines

• Unlimited Storage and Bandwith

• One Umbraco Site

• One Environment (Add as you go)

• Umbraco TV included

• Umbraco Forms included

Could this be an option for you? We are using Microsoft Azure as the infrastructure for Umbraco Cloud.

Best,

/Dennis

May 09, 2017 @ 17:45
    Kris Janssen

Hi Dennis,

I looked at it. I find the whole proposition of having git integration for DocTypes very intriguing. I had been wondering for ages how to keep track of things that normally live in the DB (as far as I can tell). Udeploy handles that quite nicely it seems by generating a file based counterpart.

The only real objection I have is that, since I manage a few dozen of sites for very much non-profit type undertakings, 25 a month is sometimes already a bit steep.

Not that I am not appreciative of the huge added value but if I mention these numbers to some of the people that ask me for a simple, few page website (and are not tech savvy at all), that might already scares some of them :)

I'm talking with the support people to explore some options though. For some sites it might be a good fit!

May 09, 2017 @ 17:47
    Kris Janssen

Oh, one more question: Forms is included with every pricing teer.

Did Forms receive updates since way back when it was a paid add-on? I remember that back in the day (1-2 years ago) it had quite some issues, including some performance issues when dealing with larger numbers of records.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 09, 2017 @ 18:05
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Kris,

The Umbraco Forms is included in all of our Umbraco Cloud teer, as well as Umbraco TV.

The great thing about Umbraco Cloud is that you will get automatic upgrade this will be for Umbraco installation, Umbraco Forms and for Deploy, which is the deploy engine, that we use to transfer content and media and meta data between the environments.

Try to see this https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Umbraco-Cloud/Upgrades/

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jun 19, 2017 @ 14:37
    Kris Janssen

I ended up giving in and purchased my first UaaS solution :)

So far, it's excellent.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft