Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alistair Jenkins 92 posts 315 karma points
    May 05, 2017 @ 14:12
    Alistair Jenkins

One instance, multiple sites, on Azure - problems.

Hi,

I am trying to work out how to host multiple sites on one instance of Umbraco, which is hosted on Azure. I've added the second domain as a custom domain on the Azure Web App. I've created two Home pages at the root of my Umbraco and set each to the appropriate hostname in 'Culture and Hostnames'. I can still navigate to the original site, but when I try to go to the second site I get the following error:

The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.Media(params int[])' and 'Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper.Media(params string[])'

No offending source code is identified.

I don't really know what I'm doing with this and try as I might I can't find any answers by googling the issue. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Alistair

• Jon Davis 16 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 09, 2018 @ 14:41
    Jon Davis

Were you able to find a solution? Is a multi-site Umbraco installation possible in a Web App?

We're considering going down this route and I assume it's possible. But so far the posts I've read on how to do it involve IIS configuration, which isn't possible in a Web App.

Apr 13, 2018 @ 08:39
    Alistair Jenkins

Hi Jon.

It is possible. If I remember correctly, I had done the right things, but there was just a problem with the template or the document type (I can't remember exactly how I solved it, it was a while ago now). But basically, I think all I had to do was add a custom domain on the Web App and then put the right info in the Culture & Hostnames setting on the different home pages. I now have three sites running off the same Web App, two of which share the same template and one of which has its own. Hope that helps.

Cheers, Alistair

• Jon Davis 16 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 13, 2018 @ 13:31
    Jon Davis

Alistair,

Thanks for getting back. My main concern was to confirm it's possible to create a multi-site installation in an Azure Web App. You just did, thank you!

Apr 13, 2018 @ 13:37
    Alistair Jenkins

No problem, Jon. Good luck.

• Mila Pandurska 43 posts 190 karma points
    Apr 10, 2018 @ 21:29
    Mila Pandurska

Hi, Alistair, Usually I get this error when I try Umbraco.Media(imgId) and imgId is null or empty string. Can you check if all the images are fine on the second site? Do you make null checks on the image fields?

Regards Mila

Apr 13, 2018 @ 08:42
    Alistair Jenkins

Hi Mila,

Thanks for the reply. That might have been the problem, but to be honest it is so long ago, I can't actually remember.

Cheers, Alistair

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft