Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• M N 125 posts 212 karma points
    May 03, 2017 @ 18:29
    M N

Umbraco 7.6 - Backoffice New Colors

Hey all,

Is there a quick way to revert back to the old coloring scheme in the new backoffice?

Purple and Teal isn't going over so well with our clients.

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 03, 2017 @ 21:46
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

they are some picky clients ;-)

The best 'non-breaking' way to change back office colours is to include your own stylesheet.

in a appplugins folder (e.g /appplugins/mystyles) create a package.manifest

{
        css: [
            '~/App_Plugins/mystyles/mystyles.css'
        ]
    }

Then create the stylesheet in the specified location. this will be loaded by the back office - you can then override the colours.

Note: You will probably need to increment the version number in the client dependency file to get this to show for your users.

while you are testing it out - set debug="false" inside your web.config to turn of caching

May 26, 2017 @ 21:11
    M N

You have no idea lol. Thanks Kevin.

Really appreciate your response. And sorry for delay.. h5 !

I ended up abandoning 7.6 upgrades (for now), had an endless stream of errors migrating to 7.6 so we're still humming along on 7.5.11 for now!

Thanks again Kevin! Will circle back to this when I give this a shot.

• denisedelbando 141 posts 339 karma points
    Jun 07, 2017 @ 19:55
    denisedelbando

if you want the coffee color theme with a mix of winter, I can send it to you. bare with me. I am not a designer. I actually cannot stand the purple either.

it looks like this: menubuttons

Aug 02, 2017 @ 14:17
    M N

Looks nice Denise! That'd be awesome if you have it handy. I actually just did the same and built up a handful of SASS files so I can control everything via variables. Minus the legacy container at the top for editing users, which is an iframe (arg!)

Question for either of you (Denise/Kevin/Anyone) - Is there a way to get the Plugin styles to load before the Umbraco Core styles?

At the moment it flashes the Purple on a hard refresh which looks a bit funky.

Cheers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft