Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mike 1 post 71 karma points
    May 02, 2017 @ 08:18
    mike

missing dll's while publishing Umbraco website to the azure AppService

Hi,

I have a problem while publishing Umbraco website (7.5.3) to the azure AppService. When I test my website locally (local iis) it runs fine. After publishing on azure the start page loads but when entering subpages I get an error:

Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'SuccessStories' does not exist in the namespace 'Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I can make it run on azure when I change

<add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode" value="Dll" />

to

<add key="Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.ModelsMode" value="PureLive" />

But I want to use dll.

Problem is that Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentModels.dll is not included in the published package. So it is not present on azure (I have checked it with App Service Editor).

How should I solve this problem? Should I create explicit reference to that dll in my bin folder?

Thanks,

Mike

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 03, 2017 @ 13:54
    Jeavon Leopold

You could include that specific dll only (we do this for lic files) in the VS solution or you could add a reference to it in the project but this may prove unreliable. An more advanced approach would be to use the ModelsBuilder.Api to generate class files that you can compile in your own Class project and then reference that in your "Web" project.

Jeavon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft